blob: f9196be57bde5fa83e0893d8b56d292e67f0c443 (plain
## Proposed changes to Mailman core
1. Add configuration option similar to `config.styles.paths` but for general plugins. Paths in this list will be used to find components that Mailman will use, similar to `find_components` coupled with a standardized plugin structure:
- `plugin package`
2. Let plugins add Pipelines the same way they can add Handlers, Rules etc...
- This means refactoring `BasePipeline`, `OwnerPipeline`, `PostingPipeline`, `VirginPipeline` from `mailman.core.pipelines.py` into a package `mailman.pipelines`
- Use `find_components`, or rather it's sibling function created in 1.
3. Let plugins subscribe to receive events.
4. Let List creator specify List Style when creating it through Postorius.
- The REST api supports it, add bindings to MailmanClient and a field to Postorius.
5. Allow multiple callables in `pre_hook` and `post_hook` run in order specified.
- Already a [MR](https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/merge_requests/264).
6. Drop `ext_dir`.
7. Let plugins add routes to the REST API. Under `/plugins/<plugin_name>/...`.
- Create a new `IRESTSink` interface, that is callable `func(request, response)` and knows it's prefix relative to it's root.
- Use `falcon.API.add_sink(callable, prefix)` to add all `IRESTSink`s from both `mailman.rest` package(unused, no sinks necessary for core) and plugin's `.rest` package.
- Or use the current `ObjectRouter` with plugins providing a `Plugin` object with routing working as currently.
8. ? Make all commands be able to require confirmation and make this a configurable option.
9. Add possibility of config inclusion to `mailman.cfg`, or of per-plugin config.
## Proposed changes to MailmanClient
1. Add bindings for `/plugins/<plugin_name>/...`.
- Pretty low-level, since each plugin can handle requests as it wants.